American people, please help me out here.
When you use the word “quite”, do you use it in a positive way, or to say “kind of”?
I don’t often use “quite” as an adverb, but when I do, its meaning is much closer to “very” than “kind of”. Of course, that doesn’t even touch on its use as an interjection.
I have taken it upon myself to point out
that things like pomme de terre and pineapple have “apple” in them because
once upon a time apple was the word for fruit
WOW NO WAY
i find it really weird that the french and english words for apple, which aren’t etymologically related at all, both used to mean fruit.
Peter Pan, Tiana, Pocahontas and Mulan
Peter Pan: sweets, cats, Disney movies
Tiana: I’ve tried pretty hard to get jobs before.
Pocahontas: I teach people about the relativity of language.
Mulan: I think I trust my gut too much. My gut’s pretty lazy.
Dory, Aladdin, Kronk (three of my favorite Disney characters ever)
Dory: I was told quite often when I was little that I would grow to like vegetables. I did. When I was younger, I was always getting told how smart I was. I’m pretty sure that’s part of why I’m so lazy. My dad used to always tell me that homework was the most important thing, and I would always nod my head and silently disagree with him.
Aladdin: I’m either too selfish to make sacrifices for people, or so selfless that I can’t think of any. You decide.
Kronk: I’m better and more experienced at cooking for 50 people than for a few people. I make a mean lentil soup.
- Aurora: Story of your first kiss
- Rapunzel: 5 things from your bucket list
- Dory: Something someone has told you that you can't forget (two good things and one bad)
- Pocahontas: Something new you taught someone.
- Mulan: Do you trust your gut feeling? What happened.
- Jasmine: The story of when you had to really trust someone. Was it easy?
- Belle: Is there someone you are close who no one else likes? What's the story?
- Ariel: Where do you think you belong, and why?
- Flounder: Something that surprised you and frightened you.
- Eric: Have you ever helped a stranger? What happened.
- Aladdin: A sacrifice you made for someone.
- Tiana: A time you tried the hardest for something.
- Boo: A childhood hero.
- Cruella: Something you really want but you aren't allowed to have.
- Seven Dwarfs: 7 things you like in the people around you.
- Kronk: What you are best at in the kitchen?
- Simba: Something a parent has taught you.
- Cinderella: "A dream is a wish your heart makes" What's that for you?
- Nemo: Your bravest moment.
- Terk: Are you a big brother/sister figure to anyone?
- Buzz: Your favourite fantasy world (aka Harry Potter, Star Wars), if any.
- Alice: Done drugs?
- Peter Pan: Something from your childhood that you still love.